Another legal area we focus on here at our Cincinnati criminal defense law firm is sex crimes. Our nation is incredibly sensitive to any sex crime allegations and the accused are often hit with negative stigma and a biased light that shines not in their favor. Our attorneys believe that this “judge first, try second” mentality towards sex offenders is unjust, tipping the legal system unfairly and ignoring much of our country’s own principles.
With thorough investigations and by working closely with our clients, we have discovered that many sex crime allegations are based on clear exaggerations, muddled misunderstandings, or, worst of all, completely falsified claims. This ties back to our ability to give you prearrest representation. If you suspect that someone is going to accuse you of a sex crime, regardless of how much evidence there may or may not be, you should talk to us right away. With us by your side from the moment the police arrive at your door, you can feel confident that your future is bright and that your chances of securing a beneficial outcome are high.
What Does a Criminal Defense Attorney Do?
A criminal defense attorney performs a variety of tasks to protect and advocate for individuals accused of committing a crime. Their role is crucial in ensuring that their clients receive a fair legal process and representation. Here are the key responsibilities and tasks of a criminal defense attorney:
- Legal Counsel: Defense attorneys provide legal advice to their clients, explaining their rights, the charges they are facing, potential consequences, and available legal options.
- Case Analysis: Attorneys review the evidence, police reports, witness statements, and other relevant information to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the case against their client.
- Strategy Development: Based on their analysis, defense attorneys develop a strategic plan to defend their client. This plan might involve challenging evidence, seeking a plea deal, or preparing for trial.
- Investigation: Attorneys conduct thorough investigations to gather additional evidence, interview witnesses, and examine any available documentation or physical evidence that could help build a strong defense.
- Negotiations: Defense attorneys negotiate with the prosecution to reach a favorable plea deal for their client, which could involve reduced charges or a less severe sentence.
- Pretrial Motions: Attorneys file legal motions to challenge evidence that may have been obtained unlawfully or to address other procedural issues that could impact the case.
- Trial Preparation: If the case goes to trial, defense attorneys meticulously prepare by organizing evidence, devising legal arguments, strategizing witness testimony, and planning their presentation.
- Courtroom Representation: During the trial, defense attorneys represent their clients by presenting evidence, cross-examining prosecution witnesses, and making legal arguments to support their client's defense.
- Mitigation: In cases where guilt is established, defense attorneys advocate for mitigating factors that could lead to a more lenient sentence, such as a history of good behavior or extenuating circumstances.
- Client Advocacy: Defense attorneys serve as strong advocates for their clients, ensuring that their rights are upheld, and that they receive a fair and impartial trial.
- Appeals: If a client is convicted, defense attorneys can help initiate the appeals process by identifying legal errors or issues that could warrant a new trial or a reduced sentence.
- Legal Expertise: Defense attorneys possess a deep understanding of criminal law, relevant statutes, and legal precedents, allowing them to navigate complex legal matters effectively.
In essence, a criminal defense attorney's role is to safeguard their clients' constitutional rights, advocate on their behalf, and work to achieve the best possible outcome in the legal process, whether that involves negotiation, litigation, or appeals.
At Bleile & Dawson, we know that there is no one way to win a criminal defense case, and that every moment counts when it comes to crafting your defense. This does not only include what happens in the jailhouse or the courtroom; acting quickly can mean successfully preventing your arrest from every occurring. We have taken up an intentional focus on prearrest cases, providing proactive defense strategies that not many other defense firms in the country can offer. Benefits of a successful case with prearrest representation include no arrest on your criminal record; saves you time spent in county jail; eliminates costly court fees; and fast resolution – no stress!
Here are several benefits of hiring our Cincinnati criminal lawyers:
- We offer experienced guidance and advice to help reduce or eliminate possible penalties
- We can accurately assess the strength of a prosecution’s case, advise on legal strategy, evaluate plea bargain offers and represent clients in court
- We are well versed in the laws surrounding your particular offense in order to determine the best possible defense for your case
- We provide you with an understanding of your rights and guide you through the entire legal process from start to finish
- We can act as a buffer between their clients and law enforcement, allowing us to protect our clients’ best interests at all times
- We have relationships with prosecutors that could be beneficial for those facing serious charges such as mitigating potential sentences or dropping certain charges altogether
- We are not afraid to go to trial to obtain the best possible outcome in your case
We feel it is important to encourage this sort of legal advocacy, not only because it allows our clients a simpler way to handle criminal violation accusations but also because not many people in Ohio even know this is an option. If you were to believe the criminal justice system or law enforcement agencies, you would always have to wait for handcuffs to be placed on your wrists before seeking legal assistance. This is simply not the case and it is to your benefit, and the opposition’s disadvantage, for you to make the first move.
Exclusively Dedicated To Criminal Defense
We Service Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana
Aggressive Defense On Your Side
Available 24/7 For Your Protection
40+ Years Combined Experience
We Offer Free Consultations