Let Us Defend Your Rights & ReputationProtecting Clients' Futures Since 1999
Appeal Lawyer in Cincinnati, OH
Hamilton County Criminal Appeal Strategy
Just because you were convicted of a crime doesn't mean that your case is over. Mistakes can be made during the criminal process and you should never have to be fined or incarcerated when you don't deserve to be. That is why the Court of Appeals exists.
Bleile & Dawson offers the counsel you need in order to appeal your criminal case. Each Cincinnati criminal appeals attorney with our firm knows what behavior and actions are unlawful in a criminal case. If there was any misconduct during the course of your trial, or if the sentence was harsher than your charges deserved, our team can fight to appeal your case. We may be able to have your conviction reversed or your sentence reduced.
Call 513-399-5945 and get a Free Case Evaluation to discuss your appeal with a Cincinnati appeal lawyer.
Rules of Appellate Procedure Ohio
- File a Notice of Appeal and Other Documents - Your criminal appellate attorney can help you file your appeal and all necessary paperwork that goes with it, such as a Docketing Statement or a praecipe. The Court will generally require you to provide a copy of the final order from the judge, as well as copies of the court reporter's transcripts. You will also have to pay all associated fees.
- Prepare and File a Brief - This is where a transcript comes in handy. Your attorney will need to prepare and file a brief, quoting any sections in the transcript where errors occurred in your trial or hearing. Citing issues such as inadmissible evidence or legal malpractice are vital when appealing a criminal conviction.
- Brief in Response - After your brief is filed, the prosecutor has an opportunity to respond with a Brief in Response. They will attempt to argue against the statements that were made in your brief, defending their actions and trying to prove that the judge's decision was the right decision.
- Oral Argument - At this time, it is in your best interests to specifically request an oral argument. If granted, your attorney will be able to argue your case before a 3-judge panel and ensure that there is no confusion about your appeal.
- Final Opinion - Lastly, the Court of Appeals will issue an opinion that will either affirm the court's original ruling, or reverse the court's decision and, therefore, your conviction.
Hire a Top-Rated Criminal Appeals Attorney Today!
Contact us today at Bleile & Dawson if you need to appeal your case. Our lawyers have more than 20 years of combined experience in criminal law and have received honors such as Avvo Clients' Choice Award for Criminal Defense for 2012 and 2014. We understand how a conviction can turn your life upside down – let us fight to get your life back!
We serve clients throughout Cincinnati, Ohio and Southern Ohio, and in Northern, Western & Eastern Kentucky, including Boone County, Kenton County and Campbell County. Call now at (513) 399-5945 to receive your free case evaluation and learn how we can help.