Skip to Content


Frequently Asked Questions: Criminal Defense

Answers from Our Cincinnati Criminal Defense Attorneys

If you have been charged with a criminal offense, you will likely have countless questions swarming through your head without adequate answers. At Bleile & Dawson, we know that you need answers and we are available to get you the help you need. We are closely familiar with the criminal defense process and can help you avoid confusion!

Our Cincinnati criminal defense lawyers have provided answers to a number of frequently asked questions to help you navigate the legal process. If you need further clarity on any matter, we encourage you to contact our firm to schedule a free consultation!

Further inquiries?

As you navigate the complex criminal defense process in Ohio and Kentucky, we can remain by your side to answer your questions and help resolve your concerns. Our firm's desire is to provide you with the answers you need to skillfully defend you from a conviction.

Speak with a lawyer from Bleile & Dawson at your earliest convenience! We offer free consultations to get you started!

  • Questions About Criminal Defense

    • Am I required to speak to the police after being arrested?

      After being placed under arrest, you should be read your Miranda rights, which include the right to remain silent. You do not have to give any statement to a law enforcement officer following an arrest. You also have the right to an attorney, which should be exercised. Anything that you say can be used against you by prosecution in your case.

    • If I am offered a plea bargain, should I take it?

      Whether you should accept a plea bargain will depend on the circumstances surrounding your case. Prior to making this decision, however, you should consult a knowledgeable criminal defense attorney who can evaluate all your options. You can ensure that you completely understand your rights and legal options because you may have a solid chance at winning your case. Allow our lawyers at Bleile & Dawson to assess your case!

    • What should I do if charged with a federal crime?

      If you have beenĀ charged with a federal crime, you should call upon your attorney who is knowledgeable on federal procedures. Federal courts have different procedures than a regular criminal court. At Bleile & Dawson, we can help you navigate your federal crime case.

    • What qualifies as resisting arrest?

      If you are placed under arrest, you can be additionally charged for resisting the arrest in various circumstances. Struggling to escape from the officer while he or she places you under arrest, placing your hands in a position so that the officer cannot handcuff you, or trying to run away are all examples of resisting the arrest. If you are charged for resisting arrest, you will need aggressive legal help at once!

    • What is the difference between probation and parole?

      Many individuals often get the terms "probation" and "parole" confused. Probation is an alternative to prison while parole is a shortened duration of incarceration. Probation permits the convicted individual to avoid jail or prison in exchange for following a set of rules and restrictions while remaining at home. Parole is given as an option for convicts after they have completed a certain portion of their sentence in prison. An individual on parole will be required to abide by set terms and restrictions.